top of page

Browse Other Posts

Gibson, Bishop and O'Grady

Writer: Lawrence LoreLawrence Lore

The Town and Country Realty Company opened in its newly redecorated office at 1205 State St in the location formerly occupied by the Bill Hensley Real Estate office.  At left is Cary Gibson, the owner, while Methyl Bishop and Bill O’Grady stand on opposite sides of the window.  Ms. Bishop was a former Chauncey resident but now lives in Lawrenceville.  O’Grady’s association with the address dates back to the days when his uncle Bill Hensley operated the office.   (This newspaper clipping was not dated, so if someone can research this in the Daily Record and tell us when the business opened we would be really appreciative.)


Recent Posts

See All

Stone Pillars Mystery

The stone pillars shown below were likely placed to mark the original property boundaries of the Dowell Greenhouse property on Lexington...

Foregoes

What was happening in Lawrence County during the first week of March 1880? Seed potatoes and garden seeds were for sale at Watts in...

Businesses After the Civil War

From the Vincennes Weekly Gazette published January 31, 1867, a writer describes the businesses in Lawrenceville at that time.  ...

     Call us:

618-943-3870

Email:

 lawrencelore@gmail.com

  • Facebook page

JOIN OUR FREE BLOG SUBSCRIPTION!

Thanks for subscribing!

© Lawrence County Historical Society 2025. All Rights Reserved.

bottom of page